3.12.2011

Showing Christ

I want to share something with you that has been laid upon my heart.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/03/westboro_baptist_church_plans.html

This is happening in the county next to us. It's leaving us all wondering why.

Pray for this family. If I remember correctly they do go to a Christian church, I can't remember the name or denomination. They are surrounded by Mennonite and Amish families. According to Westboro, this area of Pennsylvania is "evil". Through various research, discussions and observations we can't say that these communities are not Christian communities. Some are and some are not. Obviously we are not to judge anyway. But no one can say this area is "evil"! I'm guessing that is the reason Westboro wants to protest. The devil lives here in Southern Pennsylvania.

You might have noticed that I didn't refer to Westboro as a Baptist Church. I will not. Not ever. To defile the final rights of a human being regardless of how they lived and where they went after death is outrageous to begin with. Then to protest a family's funeral for the children because of their religion is even worse! THIS IS NOT THE WAY OF A CHRISTIAN. This is not the way Baptists believe. This is not the love of Christ we are called to show and give. This is not Christ. This is not Christ!

Our community is stepping in to protect this family. There will also be a funeral for a fallen solider soon in this area as well. Hopefully they will be able to do the same.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170816896302956

Pray for this family. Pray for the surrounding areas. God is working here through this tragedy. Pray that God shines through whatever happens at this funeral. Pray for Westboro that they see their wrong doing here and turn back to Christ. Pray that they do come and see Who God really is here in South Central Pennsylvania!

No comments:

Post a Comment