And there was the word 'no'. No to something I desire, if not right now but sometime soon.
Contentment is something I've been really focusing on the past few days. The word 'no' can crush but it can also be a blessing, as it has this time. But I know in God's perfect timing I will get the word 'yes', I just have to wait. Yes, wait. God must be annoyed with me and my thick head with waiting. But I know with His love and mercy He'll teach me a million times until I stand before Him and finally get it.
Why are we afraid of the word 'no'? Why does it crush so? Why does it hurt so? What is so hard about hearing God say 'no'? I'll admit, I'll probably never understand until I see God face to face. I'll struggle with contentment all my life because I'm human and I need Jesus Christ to get me through the contentment and into happiness! And I'll know that each 'no' will bring such blessings after that the orinigal question wasn't intend for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment