Why do we try to plan our lives? There's nothing wrong with having ideas and dreams but when it comes down to it why do we do it? Why do we think we know what's best for us and why can't we wait?
God wants us to wait on Him and let Him plan our lives.
I've been struggling with that lately. Waiting on Him. I'm so afraid of the word 'no' coming. Either way it's God's perfect timing. Why can't I let it be?
Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
On a different note...We've been looking at Harrisburg and talking with different people about the area. We have some good ideas and are really looking forward to the move. I actaully cannot wait! Oh, there it is again, waiting. I AM NOT GOOD AT IT!
Tonight my parents are coming over for dinner while their house is being shown. They're trying to sell the house and probably move closer to Word of Life if not onto the premise. There has been lots of prayer going into so I hope this is right for them and it works!
Artie, our cat, is looking forward to my Dad coming. The two of them recently had surgery and have been sulking with each other. Artie has been having trouble with his paws. He ripped the scab off of one and had to go back to the Vet. He is very happy that Dad brought him home instead of leaving him there this time! My Dad's been doing well with his shoulder. It apparently is healing well. He had the stitches out Tuesday and is able to go back to work. Praise God!
(A new background!)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a lot going on this year- a lot of changes. It sounds exciting!
I can understand having to wait...and hating having to wait. But I guess that is part of understanding and growing in perseverance. :)