It seems like time is going by so slow but when I look at the calendar it's the middle of February already! We're doing bits and pieces of planning so we don't have to dump a whole lot of money at once and do a ton in the last few months. It's fun to set a few goals for each month and by the time November comes it'll be all done. It also makes the months go by faster (so far anyway). We have things we want to do in that month and it's exciting when they get done.
I got our contract in the mail for the reception. That's really exciting. Signing papers is a good feeling. I know that it's ours and it's really happening.
Counseling is starting in a few weeks. I'm excited yet kind of nervous. I have no idea what it's going to be like. Dave is good husband, father and Pastor and I'm looking forward to learning from him and Denise as well. The way he talks about his wife is amazing. I want a marriage like that! It's beautiful. Growing up I had never really paid attention to the relationship between them, just the one between us girls and our 'Dad' and 'Mom'. Since I've grown up with the family we've always been considered one big family. And now I get to see the marriage that started the family and held it together forever. It's a God centered marriage and wonderful. As you can probably tell I'm very excited and love them dearly!
We're looking at some decorating ideas now. Trying to find something to put on the tables. We have some ideas but we just have to find them!
I read somewhere that when you get engaged and are excited about the wedding you should ask yourself this question: If you eloped would you still be happy?
By answering this question, you'll know if your intentions are for the wedding or the man. I'd elope. Pack it up now and elope. I wonder sometimes if that's a better idea... =)
No comments:
Post a Comment