For the record this is my opinion.
There are a few other people that I know who are getting married this year as well. When the talk about their, they talk a lot! Everything is about their wedding. And it's everywhere. It's put out so everyone can see everything. It's flaunted and waved in public. That bothers me. I know they're excited, as am I. I can't wait to marry him. But that's it. I can't wait to marry HIM. I feel that in cases like this, it's more about the wedding. There's too much about the wedding itself. It's all about the getting married part. And in a way there are some people who are saying that it doesn't matter who they marry as long as the get the wedding. Who cares if you get the wedding. Who cares. Marry the guy not the wedding. That is a reason I'm not announcing everything I do in a public place. Those of you that read this are the very few that I am sharing my wedding with, my wedding to Patrick. It's not about the wedding, it's my journey to marrying the man of my dreams.
And it's not a competion. I'm planning the wedding I have always dreamed of. It seems like some are trying to make it better than me. I couldn't care less about what you do for your wedding.
Ok, I got that out of my system. I'm good now! Thanks :-)
True enough! It is easy to get caught up in the excitement and the fervor of the preparations for that one day...even for me for your wedding! But at the end of the day,you're right. We have to remember that we have a wedding so that we can all come together to celebrate this part of your relationship, to be witnesses.It is kind of sobering in a way...and complete joy in another way! :)
ReplyDelete