9.29.2014

Weeks One and Two

Makenzie has wanted to go to school for a long time. Unfortunately she has missed the age cut off for Pennsylvania by three days so every year she would have to wait. This summer I came across a fun little preschool curriculum that not only taught letters and numbers but was also Christian based education. She was thrilled the first day. I, unfortunately, took zero pictures of our first week. I got a little better the second week. 

The first week was introduction to the Bible (God's Word is a treasure). It was x-marks the spot week. We made a treasure map to chronicle our year. I'll have to get a picture of it some other time. 

Week two was creation week and g- garden. We made a cute creation book that had each of the 7 days. We explored a nursery down the street from us and talked about how a garden grew. We also started some sunflower seeds in a wet paper towel and checked on them every day. She was so stinkin' cute with her magnifying glass!






The flower she chose to live with us!
I promise, over the weeks, to take more pictures. I think this would be a great way to keep a journal for her of all her "stuff". And some day, maybe print it out. That way I don't have to keep all the papers, projects and drawings somewhere only to get ruined. I want to keep them!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment