Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
I have such fond memories of this holiday.
It surprises people that Christmas doesn't make my top 3 holidays. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas. I love picking out the perfect present and giving it. I don't like getting presents though. I like the decorations and the sparkly trees. But I don't like the stress.
Thanksgiving has a relaxed peace. It's a thankful peace that I love. God, family and food. That's all you need.
Easter is when we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.
Memorial Day is a remembrance of those who have given is our freedom to celebrate what we do.
Then there's Christmas.
But that's not what I wanted to say. Somehow I got side tracked.
My mind avoids the shadows.
Although I'm looking forward to the holiday I'm also dreading it. I should be thankful for the growing babe within me as well as the lively little red head spinning now.
I am incredibly thankful for her.
How much joy she brings!
But I long for the jumping within. I should be starting to feel the flutters of a very active baby is she is anything like her sister was.
I just need to remember to be thankful for the moments I had with my angel and the moments I will have with her someday.
I just need to be extra thankful for her sister. The one daughter I get to keep.
Thanksgiving will always be my favorite holiday. It's just a little different now.
I am even more thankful this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment