So here we are.
We lost our second child.
And yet, so many people have said they have lost one also.
But we never knew all these people lost a child until we were suffering. Until they said "I know your pain. My prayers are with you and if you ever need to talk, I'm here."
As a Mom who just lost a child, it is comfort. It is love. It is God working through the pain and suffering of others.
So here we are.
We have all lost children.
As a Mom who just lost a child, I can't begin to explain what it is like to know I'm not alone. That others understand.
Just 9 short months ago I was stepping up as a friend first and a counselor second with a friend who lost a daughter at 40 weeks. I find myself now viewing her pain a completely different way. I feel it now. I don't just see it in her face, hear it in her words. I know it.
Just 9 short months ago I was stepping up as a friend first and a counselor second with a friend who lost a daughter at 40 weeks. I find myself now viewing her pain a completely different way. I feel it now. I don't just see it in her face, hear it in her words. I know it.
So here we are.
Growing together.
Living through the pain. Learning to keep going. Trusting God's will with our lives. Waiting for the rainbow after the rain, and the promise of a future so bright that our sorrows will pale in comparison.
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11
So this is our journey through the years...through joys and sorrows...seeing the sunshine through the rain...and the rainbow after. So you can see what we see:
God is good. And everything He does is good.
Psalm 119:68
So here we are.
Healing together.
oh good!! I've missed your blog!
ReplyDeleteAnd Karen, I'm so sorry. Nothing can take the hurt away. We, too, have one baby dancing at The Maker's feet!
I am so sorry Karen. I do not know the pain that you are going through, but as a mom, can totally sympathize. I know nothing will ease the pain but you have so many people around you to love you and help you through this! Take each day, one at a time <3
ReplyDelete