It means so much to me.
It reminds me to be thankful for what I have (Makenzie) and what I know (Abbi is in Heaven). And to look forward, happily, to our new blessings as they come.
Happy is an emotion.
Joy is a state of mind.
Happy comes with joy a lot of the time.
Sadness comes with joy, as well.
Turn sadness into happiness when the joy brings thankfulness.
We still hurt for Abbi, the child we never knew (yet). But we are thankful with joy that we have a beautiful, funny, spite fire daughter. And we are joyful that one day we will meet Abbi and spend eternity with all our children.
We are thankful.
We are joyful.
Happy? Yes. But only with God's grace and the promise He gave us.
Every Monday over at A Holy Experience there is something called Multitude Mondays.
I think part of healing is learning to be thankful. I am *hoping* to do this every Monday. Please don't hold it against me if I miss one. Remember there is an active one year old in our house!
Thank You God:
~Family. Just Family.
~Fun travels with our sweet and sassy one year old.
~The promises of a new day
~Friends who are excited to see us after an absence.
~Friends we are excited to see again.
~Friends who have become our family. More so than some family.
(Oh shoot, we were trying to be thankful. I will not delete that even though it's not really being thankful. It's a good learning experience for me to let go of what I cannot control and accept that not everyone is going to be the best for our family. They will regret not wanting to be part of our daughter's life not me regretting that I can't make them want to love her).

No comments:
Post a Comment