8.02.2011

This is Delicious!

My Mother in law gave me two cookbooks while we were in New York (a month ago! How crazy!). If you don't know me I'll fill you in: I LOVE COOKBOOKS. Give me a cookbook and I can be occupied for hours. I love looking at the pictures, picking out recipes to try and figuring out the best way to adjust a recipe to make it how we'd like it. Whether or not I actually get around to making all the recipes I picked out is a different story. I really do try to make them all!! Here is one I made last week and it was soooo good.

Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
1 can Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls or flaky dough sheet
1 tablespoon oil
2 small chicken breasts cut into small strips
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced (or however you like it)
1/2 cup green or red bell pepper (once again, cut how you like it)
1/4 cup salsa
2 cups cheddar jack cheese
1 egg white

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray large cookie sheet. Flatten out rolls into a 8x12 inch sheet on cookie sheet.

Cook chicken in oil with chili powder, salt and garlic until lightly brown. Add onion and peppers until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are crisp tender.

Spoon chicken mixture onto roll sheet. Top with salsa and cheese.
You can either just close the roll sheet around it or make the braid like the recipe says to over the top to close it. Or just close it however you want! Brush with egg white.

Bake 20-25 minutes.


Instead of buying the Pillsbury rolls, which can be very expensive, I made a dinner roll dough and just rolled it out. It made the breading a little sweeter too. I also used pepper jack cheese to make is spicer. It all depends on your taste!

1 comment:

  1. oh this looks so yummy! I think I'll have to throw it in our menu!

    ReplyDelete