So it's been a while...quite a while.
Last week I had a wonderful opportunity to go to Lafayette, Indiana to a counseling conference. Such a blessing! We spent 5 days fully immersed in Biblical Counseling.
Here's the website for next years conference. Even if you're not a counselor I highly suggest this to everyone. You may not find yourself in a formal counseling session ever, but if you're a Christian, you'll find your self in MANY informal ones. This conference will give you the tools you'll need to be a great listener, give sound biblical advice/counsel, and be able to help a friend while leaning on biblical truths. AWESOME!
http://www1.faithlafayette.org/conferences/all/biblical_counseling_training_conference_2012/
Our trip out was quite eventful. We left our church at 4 am. Yes, 4 am. Drove to Pittsburgh and stopped for lunch. Then just outside of Indianapolis a tire blew on our 22 passenger bus. Of course, it's Sunday and no one is open. Luckily it was an inside tire on the back so we drove at a break neck speed of 45 for the last 65 miles. Our sessions started as soon as we got there. It was quite the day!!
Each day was long but well worth it. My butt hurt, my brain hurt and I was ready for bed at 8pm most nights. We ate at Cracker Barrel 5 times that whole trip and spent numerous hours eating it seemed like. But it was such an awesome experience. I can't even begin to describe it. Just awesome!
When we got home Friday night my parents were here. Patrick and Dad drove over to the Sportsman's Show and Mom and I went to Lancaster shopping. We found a lot of good stuff but didn't buy anything. Well, can't say we didn't buy anything. She got a first Christmas outfit for the baby and I got some new shirts so my belly doesn't hang out of my uniform for work. Speaking of belly...while in Indiana I discovered that Mac and Cheese is growing rapidly. I tried to put on my jeans one morning and they wouldn't close! So Shannon (my roommate) and I thoughtfully looped a hair tie around the loop and hooked it on the button. With the belt they stayed up just fine. Crazy how fast Mac and Cheese is growing. Later this week I'll put up so of the pictures from the ultrasound. I want to make sure Grandparents and family see them first then I'll share!
Was this a NANC conference by any chance? I have a friend who was at one in Indiana at the same time!!! Sounds like a really worthwhile experience!
ReplyDeleteYes it was. Probably was the same one.
ReplyDelete