8.04.2010

Our Dave Ramsey Experience

I did it. We made a budget and I'm sticking to it. I also attended a jewelry party and only spent my budgeted amount! Yeah, that's right. This girl didn't buy a lot of stuff. Normally I would have and not thought a thing about it. Can I say I'm proud of myself? I'm so excited that I did it. I said "NO!" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Philippians 4:13

It was hard for me to look at what we had to spend money on. Dave Ramsey suggests that you find a place for all of your money for the month. Including splitting up savings so you know what you're saving for and where it's going. If there's anything left over, it goes on your lowest loan to help pay that off quicker. Once the lowest loan is paid off, start on the next one making the same payment you were before and adding what you were paying on the other loan. Kind of like both loans are still there but you're only paying on one. Pretty soon you have a large amount of payments going on your biggest loan. Make sense? If not, read his book. Honestly, I couldn't read it but if you're serious about it (and don't have someone who can read the book and explain it to you) I highly recommend buy the booking.

Sorry I got off track with the loan thing. Putting all our money somewhere doesn't mean that we don't have savings or an emergency fund. We just know what amount in going into savings and the emergency fund. We aren't just saying "the left over goes in there and we'll spend it when the time comes that we want something." We know how much is in there and what it is for. Like right now we're saving for vacations, a new car and a baby. We budget a certain amount a month that goes in there. It's all on paper. A written plan is very important.

There's my speech for this morning on our Dave Ramsey Experience. I'll keep you updated on it since my life now revolves around this man and his plan! Ok maybe not Dave Ramsey but God and His plan working through Dave Ramsey. How's that?

Other news...not much going on. P.T. three days a week is adding up bur I'm hoping it'll be good for me. We're in the process of fully switching banks and moving all my automatic student loan withdrawals there. Why is it so hard to do that? I can never get on the government websites the same way twice! My car loan is paid off!! Yay! Now we're moving on to Patrick's. Hopefully his will be done in December. And I actually found a book I cannot put down. It's a weird book and started out weird. Minus the language in it (try to skip over it) it's not a bad book. I just have to find out what happens in the end. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. In a few days I'll introduce you to Ridley Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment