8.02.2010

One book I cannot read...

I have found one book that I cannot get through but I am determined to do it. It's Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. If you want it, it's underneath "My Stuff" over there and down.--->

But here's the deal. I'll admit I'm the girl who was hardly ever told no. I wouldn't call me spoiled nor do I want EVERYTHING. But usually what I wanted, within reason, was given to me or I got. I've been good with my money, not so much with school, but I do have some savings and I've paid off a few of my loans. I just haven't been one to deprive myself of things. Yep things. Sad as that is. Now my mother and some friends have introduced us to Dave Ramsey. My mother has been doing this for years and our friends have for some time now. I guess you don't really realize how much trouble you may be in until you see it like he puts it.

We have school loans up the ying yang. Or I should say I do. And here I sit at home doing nothing! Expect blog about our life and link to Amazon. I do feel guilty but our plan right now, as I believe is God's as well, is for me to stay home and raise some kiddos. (I am trying to find something to do in the mean time that I won't feel guilty in leaving in a few months.) Any who, we have two car loans, and rent payment. No house yet, but by the sounds of things we won't have one any time soon. As you can see, we have a lot of debt! At lot of people don't see school loans as debt as we did. But after looking at our debt and how we're paying things off, we were up to 25 years in debt! Whoa. Hold up. 25 years? And that's not even with a house!

Dave Ramsey has proposed to us a way to pay that off in 6 years. But really, as far as I have gotten in this book I have only noticed that I now have to learn the English word "No" or the French word "Non". Either language I use, I still have to learn it! You see why I'm struggling?

Patrick read the whole book and is hopeful. He wants me to read it now. I'm working on it. I really am. So here I go. I'll let you know how it goes and what I think of the book and our chance at financial freedom. I have seen it work though so I am hopeful as well.

Side note, Dave Ramsey is a Christian man striving to live his life for Christ. Start by turning your lift, finances and all, to Christ and with a little guidance from godly men and women, you can live in freedom as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment