Some good friends of ours are having a baby in January. Lisa suffered a miscarriage about a year after we lost our baby. Together we've shared the pain and the sorrow, and now we get to share the joy of a new life! Her baby shower was this past weekend. God worked it out far better than I could ever imagine.
Patrick was on vacation. Mac had a three day weekend from school. Jason had a three day weekend. And Zoi wasn't going to be over on that Thursday or Friday.
Mac's school was wonderful! I picked her up early on Thursday, her principal told us to have a great weekend in PA. Her teacher wrote her a note saying the same thing. Have I mentioned before how much I love her school!? And this just adds to it. They're just great!!
The older girls had school on Friday so Courtney and I took the youngest bunch to chocolate world. This is a place my girls have missed tremendously.
Saturday was spent playing games and loving spending the day with our family we miss. I mean, seriously. Patrick commented on it on the way down. We didn't grow up with them, so why are we so attached. We did grow up with them. We were married and moved there. We spent so many years figuring out married life and then parenting with them. I feel like we did our most growing up with them. And yes, our kids call the Aunt and Uncle. I have no idea how that started actually, it just did.
Sunday was the shower and we got to see another best friend, TATUM!
Mac was the youngest to be able to hang clothes with one hand. I had no idea this kid could even hang up clothes on the clothes line...guess what her job with be next summer! She asked for a clothes line for christmas. Dork.
| We love Mr. Bob too. |
The weekend flew by. It's been a long time since we've laughed and played so hard. We can't wait until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment