10.06.2017

5 Years

On September 30 we could say we have made it 5 years after losing our baby Abbi. There still isn't a day that goes by that I don't wonder what it would be like. The 5 year Birthday so far has been the hardest. It just seems like such a big feat. At 5 kids become much more independent. They go to school, they do so much for themselves. It's a milestone in childhood. It's big. So 5 years seems like that. We get farther and farther away. That day is seared into my mind. 

But we can also say we're 5 years closer to seeing her in Heaven. I am so thankful for the promises of God. Thank you for sending Your Son Jesus to die for or sins then rise again, conquering this death and providing a way. Thank you for lifting the weight time and time again of knowing full well that we can be together again, with You. With this knowledge I can breathe again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment