I was a bit worried about them letting the balloons go but they did well. Mac had questions on the way home. Did Tori get her balloons yet? Could she read? Do you think she liked them?
When we got home Patrick was ready and we let the last one go. Mac wrote her a note and asked God to read it to her.
Camryn chased it and blew it kisses. I honestly think God has given my girls peace and understanding that I will never understand. They're so young but seem to get it and accept it.
The next Saturday was her celebration. We took both girls to it.
In between all the celebrations I was trying to think of a way to keep Tori's memory alive for our girls. Something unique that they could treasure forever. Something that would remind them of her and her fight to end Krabbe. A friend of the Brackbill's offered to make an one of a kind giraffe. Yes please!
Camryn, of course, was in love. It is just perfect.
As I said, the girls just seem to know and understand. Mac says Tori is not alone, she's with Jesus running and playing outside all better. She has asked if she is still a baby or if she's grown up. I still don't know how to answer that. I'd like to think she's a healthy, happy toddler. Camryn hasn't really asked for Tori though you can tell she's trying to figure out where she is when she sees Lesa and Brennan. She will look at pictures of Tori and say things like "oh she's my best friend" "she hold my hand" and "I love her". So I think she knows something only God has told her.
And precious Pete. She's going to do big things with her love for Tori. For her to love that little girl with such abandon and not care that the equipment was building up, that she cried a lot, that eventually she stopped interacting with her. For a two year old that's way beyond their capabilities. I can see God working in this. She chose a giraffe shirt, chocolate bar, and kissed the balloon all by herself. She's either going to find the ultimate cure for disease, not just a treatment but the cure. Or she's going to take her love and take it to the ends of the earth for kids just like Tori.





















No comments:
Post a Comment