9.30.2015

Three Years

Dear Abbi

Has it really been three years? The sting and months that never seemed to end are behind us. My, how quickly it flew once those first few months finally gave in, once those wounds began to heal. 

There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about you. Wonder what life would be like. Now it's not so much the sad, longing to have you part of our family, but more the curiosity of who you'd be, how you'd fit in our family, who you'd be more like, which sister you'd like more. Of course, I do wish you were here with us and I do long for you to share the bunk beds in Makenzie's room.  Would you sleep in the same bed with her like Camryn probably will? Would you like animals and babies like Camryn loves or the space and the inner workings of the human body like Makenzie? Frozen or Brave? 

It hurts still. But God graciously and  mercifully continues to heal our hearts. Promises of forever and enternity are the loveliest things to hold on to. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment