6.07.2014

Memories

This morning we played out on the porch. 

As I sat in the sun watching my big girl blow bubbles and my little girl chatter to her flip flop I couldn't help but remember my childhood. 

The warm sun, cool breeze and something about the smell reminded me of sitting on my grandparents porch in Florida. I can even picture it in my mind. 

Both my grandparents have since passed away but I can still place myself back in the joyful fun we had together. 

Isn't funny how certain things can send your mind shooting back to years long ago?

I long for my children to have sweet memories like those. I want their childhood to be fun, exciting and spent with people who will leave lasting impressions not only in their memory but their lives as well. 


Some days I know I fall short but I want my little girls to have a happy memory of days like these and of family like mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment