6.22.2014

Bucket List

So I'm going to be the big 3-0 in a week or so. While it's not a big deal for me by any means, I just thought I'd reflect on what I've done so far and what I still want to do.

I've always wanted to be a mom. First and foremost. I have beautiful girls and a great husband. 

I have a masters degree. Id love to get a doctorate. But guess where I'd be anyway. Yep. With my girls. 

We're working with a church plant so in a way i am fulfilling my dream of being a missionary. Just stateside rather than where I left a piece of my heart in France.
I've got great friends. Some of the best. 

I've been so many places and hope to go more now with my family. Missions trips, vacations and 'hey let's go to London'. I've stood on the hollow beaches of Normandy, surveyed the ruins of the Caribbean and Mexico and rode every ride at Disney. 

I was a national figuring skating competitor and taught some of the cutest little skaters. 


Sure there's more I've accomplished in my 30 years but I can't even begin to list all the fun things we've done lately or even years ago. 

Here's 30 things I want to do for the next 30 years in no particular order:

1. Take my kids to Disney. More than twice. 
2. Stand where Jesus did in the Holy Land
3. Watch a game at Yankee stadium
4. Look over the ocean from Ireland's cliffs
5. Take my mom to the beaches of Normandy. I've been telling her this since I went. 
6. Lay on a Caribbean beach. More than twice. With my husband. 
7. Take my girls to the Central Park zoo. 
8. Be the hands and feet of Christ in another country. More than twice. With my family. 
9. Build a home from the ground up. Not for me in particular. 
10. Rock my babies just a little longer. 
11. Help plan at least two weddings. 
12. Snuggle multiple grandchildren. Yes. Believe it or not that's on my list. 
13. Finally see a shooting star.
14. Go see space. Even if it has to be from the ground. 
15. Eat lots of pasta in Italy. 
16. Meet Beth Moore in person. 
17. I just want to be able to do some hair! Right now I have two bald little girls. 
18. Change a baby boy's diaper and clothes. Spike some hair. 
19. Put on an outfit and feel pretty. For once. 
20. A romantic, dress up date with my husband. More than twice. 
21. Take Makenzie on a train. 
22. Take Camryn somewhere special, too. When she's old enough to tell me what she likes. 
23. A mani pedi. Silly I know!
24. Watch my kids excell in school. Graduate and get good jobs. Maybe even a missionary. 
25. Take them to sports practice and games. 
26. Maybe watch a recital or two. Hopefully more. 
27. Show my kids what it means to be a proverbs 31 woman. Hey, never said I can't dream big!
28. Be there when they accept Christ as their savior and be baptized. Watch them grow in Christ and become godly women on fire for Him. 
29. Pray daily and feverently for them. 
And finally. 
30. Be a light in a world that is slowly going dark. 

I may think of more later. But for now there's 30 things for the next 30 years. Lord willing I'm here for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment