5.06.2014

I Needed A Donut

A few weeks ago I tried to get a jelly filled donut from Dunkin Donuts. Needless to say it didn't go well.

So off to Pinterest I went to find one.

I found this recipe and gave it a whirl.

Jelly Filled Donuts

1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon (i added extra. i like cinnamon!)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 egg
3/4 almond milk (that's all I had. I have found rice milk bakes better)
Jam (strawberry here!)

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Mix sugar, oil, egg and milk and stir into dry ingredients.

Fill muffin cups half full (you really need to pay attention to the amount! I over filled the bottom and didn't have enough to cover the top.) Add jam then cover with enough to by 3/4 full.

Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes.
You can roll them in cinnamon and sugar if you'd like. I didn't. Whenever I do it makes them really soggy for some reason. I didn't miss it.

This recipe makes 10-12 regular size muffin donuts. I made 12 but I think it would have been better if I did only 10.

I would share a picture with this recipe but I'm embarrassed by what they look like! Use MSPI Mama's picture for a reference. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment