One of the biggest things I'm learning while being dairy free is how hard it is to eat out. Everything, it seems like, has some kind of cheese, buttermilk dressing or breaded after being dipped in milk. Finding a safe food at a restaurant is difficult.
McDonald's chicken nuggets are spot on by the way. Just don't read the ingredients. Take my word for it!
A few days before Christmas Patrick brought home Applebee's.
I loved Applebee's to begin with and now that we're dairy and soy free I'm in love even more. They have a whole allergen menu!!!
Not many places do this. They're starting to though. Slowly.
Burger King does nothing like this. They don't even list their ingredients. So I took a chance and failed miserably!
I actually did with Applebee's, too. When you order the oriental chicken salad don't put the dressing on it. It's my favorite part and I couldn't figure out what was in it so, again, I took a chance. Fail.
But I'm learning!!
Thanks to websites like Go Dairy Free I can look up if the restaurant has an allergen menu or if there are recommendations from the menu.
It's not easy going dairy free then adding a mostly soy free diet makes it even harder. But with the internet and a growing awareness of allergens, life isn't go bad!
Now I just want a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's….oh well…a So Delicious pint of coconut ice cream and Oreo's might be just the thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment