Anything by Jennie Allen has been wonderful. I'm a little behind in the chapters due to crazy weeks but I'm slowly catching up.
Tonight, after tucking my sweet baby into bed, I picked it up determined to read the 3 chapters I am behind with. Instead, I made it through one, opened my computer to read up on something she mentioned and, imagine this, got distracted. I checked Facebook. Yep. I'll admit it. It's the first place I went.
Then, for some unknown reason, I checked my blog. Why, I don't know. I went to the actual blog, not just blogger. I never do that. I see all the new blog posts in the feed and read the ones I want to and go on about my day. But this time I actually looked at it. And staring me in the face was the reason I came here.
In the chapter I read tonight, Allen mentioned a girl named Katie. We are studying about giving God everything and having Him guide us to do anything for His glory. Katie is doing both, and at a young age. She gave up everything to move to Uganda to do anything. I got my computer to go read her blog that was briefly referenced in the book. I wanted to know exactly what she was doing, how old she really was, where she was, etc. Missions has always held my heart, especially over seas missions. So something like this peeks my interest.
And wouldn't you know the first thing my eyes come to rest on on my blog is this:
A Holy Experience: When You're Done with Pundits, Soul Wrestling & Look at the Sky: {25 Things I learned from staying with Katie Davis}
Right there. Smack dab at the top of my blog roll. Another one mentioning this girl!
So, of course, I sit here reading that and studying the pictures of the girl I wanted to see. A girl that shows Jesus with abandon. A girl that gave everything to have anything. A girl that is living out what I am studying right now.
I may never go overseas as I once thought God was calling me to do. Instead, I am here. Having the blessing of raising two daughters, being my husband's helpmate, and plunging into a local church plant. I pray that one, or both, of my girls goes out into the world like Katie, recklessly abandoned for God. I pray that we can do that here, in our home, and in our local church.
I apologize that this is long and probably all over the place. But I just can't deny God working in this and had to write my thoughts. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment