Yesterday was a busy day for me! I got the cleaning bug. Well, not really the cleaning bug but the reorganizing bug. After picking up after Christmas I felt there was more to do. So in to the extra bedroom I went. I threw out a lot of empty boxes (not the iPhone box, apparently that's important)and picture frames that were odd sizes and never going to be put on the walls again. I put out other pictures too. We have a lot of pictures of our wedding and us that go on our walls. They are really nice and we got some news but it's weird to have so many of us. So I changed out some pictures. We got a new picture of our nephew so he's out now, the cute little thing! Hopefully we'll get new ones as he grows up (hint hint Cristale!). There are a few things left to pick up but our house looks so much better!
We went to church last night for the first time in a week and a half. Even though we're in our twenties and schedules really don't need to be so strict it is hard when our routine is changed. So it seems like our life is getting back into the swing of things where we are comfortable. Going to church is the anchor in our week, the normal part, the thing that happens every week. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it. I went back to the adult class instead of the womens class. They were studying Revlation. Now don't get me wrong, I love the book of Revlation. It is our victory song, it's our hope, it's our future. And yes, maybe we are living are in the end times and yes, we need to be aware of what's going on in our world but please do not try to pull headlines to say it is near. If you want to do that remember that people have done that for the last 2000 years. People have tried to manipulate events to make them fit into the end times. When it happens we won't miss it, we won't need to guess, we'll just know. Just stop picking headlines to make it fit into your theory!
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
So there's my vent for the day. Now back to getting our house and lives back into the 'norm'.
Mark 13:32
No comments:
Post a Comment