9.03.2010

Changes

As I'm reading through my pile of books from the library I can't help but look at the top every time. It says Dauphin County Library System. Not Canton Free Library like I have seen since I was 5. After 20 years of seeing Canton Free Library it still shocks me a little to see DCLS. I think that we get so comfortable sometimes that...that change is beautiful.

The shock reminds me that I'm living in a different city with my husband and will be starting our family here. A family that I can let see the DCLS on every book they get. When they move on, they'll see a new stamp on the top of their books and have the same shock. It's a good shock. I've grown up, moved on and am happy where I am. Change isn't always bad.

It also reminds me that Earth isn't our ultimate destination. I have a permanent home in Heaven. Even though I'll see DCLS on my books for a while, I'll forever see Heaven stamped on my heart.

Change isn't always bad. It molds us and makes us into God's perfect will. Change makes us beautiful.

The Book of Ruth (Oprah's Book Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment