8.31.2010

Oxiclean

I have yielded to the power of Oxiclean! And Green Works dish soap.

Sunday, as I'm heading out the door to enjoy a wonderful dinner with our friends, I hit the popcorn bag against my white Hollister shirt! Gasp. I know, a $50 shirt ruined by a bag of microwave popcorn. Disclaimer: I did not pay full price, maybe $10 for it. But still, it's one of my favorites. It doesn't look like a little kid nor an old lady. A quick change and nothing to put on the stain, we leave for the Armacost's. Jimmy James happily enjoys my green Hollister shirt because he can pull on the letters.

Monday. After washing and bleaching the stupid butter stain is still there! I soak it in Oxiclean because that's what is says to do. This morning, Tuesday, it is still there! I make up the paste according to the label. It fades it a little but still not all the way gone. Googling (that's not yet a word) oily butter stains, I find Dawn dish soap. Well, obviously it takes care of grease on pans. I, in fact, do not have Dawn. I have Green Works thanks to Mama!

I am happy to report the stain is gone! Now I cannot wait for my half dozen children so I can attempt to remove stains. Ok, I'm not that excited. But, hey, my shirt is really white!

God promises our lives will be this white and even whiter when we're covered with Jesus' blood and standing in eternal glory. Just think, He takes much more care than I did to make us that white! He uses blood instead of Oxiclean.

Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be white as snow!
Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment