6.28.2010

Week #2

This Sunday we did more research and found a Southern Baptist church here in Harrisburg. Believe it or not there's only two. And one has about 20 members while the other is more like we're used to. While looking up other churches this one kept appearing and I kept clicking on it. I'll admit it's mostly because of the Biblical counseling that it offers and that is my ultimate dream right here! But something about that church kept saying "come visit come visit." So we did. What an amazing experience. We were greeted by the Pastor and he showed us a place to sit. Right after we sat down we were jumped on by two young couples. And I'll say jumped on because I'm pretty sure she'd use that word too! We talked for awhile with them. The worship and preaching were everything we were looking for. (What's even more amazing is I'm reading Ashamed of the Gospel by John MacArthur. The sermon was right in line with everything he was saying. If you haven't read this book, do it!) After church we went out to lunch with one of the couples. What a blessing they are! I think we might have friends. =)

Saturday we went to Hershey again. This time we went to Chocolate World. A lot of fun for free! Couldn't find the cows though. They said they discontinued them two years ago. Not sure if it's just there or if they don't make them at all anymore. We also stopped at Indian Echo Caverns. They were also amazing. Fascinating.

Friday night we went to dinner with Matt, Kristy and Travis. It's nice to have other people you know here. Matt was over for dinner Thursday night. A Lake Placid kid. One of my favorite places to be!

So here's my plug for the book.
http://www.gty.org/Blog/B100203
This is a must read. I know not everyone likes MacArthur but he really takes the church for a ride. He wants to bring churches back to their main goal, winning people to Christ through preaching the Word. He checks your motives. He checks your real faith. Read it. You don't have to be dead set with everything he says but it convicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment