1.04.2010

The New Year

The holidays are offically OVER. Done. Fini. YES! Even though I like Christmas and New Years, they aren't my favorite. In fact, we missed the ball drop anyway. Uncle Paul was in the bathroom, Aunt Karen and I were in the kitchen and Patrick was on his way into the kitchen. Katie yelled that the ball was dropping annnnnnnnnd it was too late. Oh well. It's not the first nor last time we'll miss it.

Either way it's a new year. And with that comes major changes for us. First, Patrick is graduating. He's really excited about finishing. Even though he has a job and a wife he still has to go back (his reasoning that there was no need to). Isn't that what you go to school for anyway? And the job. We'll be moving probably in June. He's hoping to start June 1st but we'll see how it goes. I have to be here until at least May 18th. And we want to take a trip before he starts. Moving is a huge step in our new life. It's exicting yet scary all at the same time. Mostly exicting. We've both been waiting for this for a while now. I can't wait!!

I've also realized that I've been so bad about keeping in touch with friends. Last year was easy because all of us girls were preparing for the wedding. Now that it's over the communication has slowed down again. I'm hoping to pick it back up, especially with those friends we were so close with growing up. I can't help but smile at all the things we used to do together. Great memories and great friends. Even though we've all grown apart and live in different areas, living different lives, we'll always be friends and know that we can count on each other to be there when we need them. Mostly it's our common bond of Jesus Christ and the fun we had fellowshiping in Youth Group. That is a relationship nothing can break. And also friends from school that I've been with since we were 5. It's fun to see each other graduate, get jobs, get married and start families!! We've been so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment