8.13.2009

86 Days

86 days seems so far away. But it's been almost 200 since I started counting down in March or April or something like that. I don't even know!! Wow. Where did it go?

Tomorrow is Patrick's last day of work away. He'll be home finally. It seemed like such a long summer but when I look back on it, it went by faster than I thought. Although time in general does that I think. He'll be home working on the apartment next week and Clint is coming back to Clarkson and helping him there too. It should be done in a month or two. Wow again. A month or two. That's it! Less than 3 months. I still can't believe it. It's just so hard to explain. You wait for this day your whole life. You plan it when you're 5, practice it when you're 10, and dream more about it at 15. Now here it is. I'm getting married. Married. I'll have a husband. I don't know how to explain the feelings I have and there is no way I'll be able to explain them as it gets closer. It's something that you don't understand unless you've been there. And when you see it, you know the feeling. There's no words to explain. You just know.

As I'm typing this the song Cry Out to Jesus just came on. Even though the song talks about going through struggles and pain and I'm not really right now, I can say that it is the quintessential part of my life. I need Jesus. I need Him to get me through my day. I need Him to get me through the next 86 days. I need Him to get me through the next 75 years...or forever. Without Him our marriage is nothing. I'll be Crying Out to Him over and over and over. No matter where I am!! I am thankful for a God who loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment