3.25.2009

Keeping Up

Things have been moving right along lately.

We're still looking for an aisle runner that we like. Unfortunately Wal-mart had one but we didn't get it when we saw it. Now they no longer have it. Everything is turning into spring and summer wedding stuff. We'll just have to wait until probably August or September to find the stuff we want.

Mirrors are also hard to find. The ones we wanted are way out of our price range so we're going with mirrors without beveled edges. If you're sitting at one of our tables please don't run you fingers down the side. I know it's tempting. I did it.

The flowers are coming. I know what I want, I just have to find them at the right price. The girls and I will have real flowers but the tables and decorations will be fake. It's just cheaper that way. I would like to get those ordered before the spring wedding season picks up and it gets chaotic in the flower shops! White's gave us a quote but the lady wasn't really paying attention to us nor did she show us any examples. I would like to see them before we buy any. $430 for just a few things. No thank you. I'm sure we can do it cheaper.

I found the ring I want. But it's in Auburn. We went to visit Justin and the Osborne's this weekend. It was a good trip. I was excited to see my brother since things aren't going so well for him. Things are getting nasty and we just needed to be there for him. Continue to pray for him.

But back to the ring. I can only find it at that store. None of our jewelry shops around here carry it. We're going to go over to Carbino's in Ogdensburg to see if they have anything different. It's a little more than we budgeted but, as Patrick says, I'm going to be wearing the rest of my life so if it's what I want and it's made well, it'll be ok to pay a little more. And because I like it so much and my engagement ring, I'm learning from Amy's experience and will be taking them off before they get too tight from pregnancy! (Yes, Amy, I had to say it!) I've never worn anything so expensive. I'm learning what to do with it!

1 comment:

  1. =) I'm glad someone can learn from my mistakes! I cried when they had to cut my rings off. Thankfully the fixed them so now you would never even know.

    Fake flowers can be beautiful! I've seen them used in several weddings and you would never even know!

    Have you looked online for the aisle runner? My cousin was having a hard time finding an ivory one for her wedding. A little googling and she found a great deal.

    ReplyDelete