3.02.2009

Counseling

Marriage counseling started on Thursday. We'll be meeting with Dave once a month for about 7 months.

I'm still very excited. He asked some tough questions but I think he just wants to make sure we're on the same page when we begin this new life together. I'm now wondering what other things we're going to be talking about. I know it's going to be good but I'm still worried that I'm not going to give the right answer. As long as I give my answer, there's no way it can be a wrong answer. I have full confidence that we're meant to be together so no matter what, there can't be a wrong answer. But I still worry about it. I don't think he's looking for the right answer anyway. I think he just wants to make sure we're ready and expecting what's coming, together. The two of us. It'll be only us. No one else to turn to when we get married. He's preparing us for what's coming. I just have to remember that...

2 comments:

  1. You're right - there is no wrong answer. It just gets you thinking about things that may/will come up in a marriage. You two will be fine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard marriage counseling can be tough! BUT it has got to be better to have at least talked about some of these things beforehand. :)What's that saying that people who have been married 60 years always say... something about communication?

    ReplyDelete