1.19.2009

The Reception

We found the reception site. I'm so excited. We found a photographer that seems to be a good fit. I do know two people who hired him so I'm going to ask them if they really liked him. We now have the big stuff done and I'm taking a vacation as Dr. Rebekah said. Maybe a few days but that's all. It's just the little stuff now and I've tried to plan a few things in each month so it's not overwhelming and crazy in the summer and early fall. I do better at plugging away. Plus we won't be dropping thousands of dollars in a few months. We get to pay on the reception site as needed so that'll be good. That's our biggest expense right now. We're doing it at Tommy's in Massena. I heard such great things about that place and I am very happy with it. The lady that does the events is a wedding planner and sometimes I feel I need one. She'll be able to take control of the wedding day and run it smoothly. Also, she'll set up the tables. I'll have to give her are the centerpieces and favors and she'll do the rest! I love it! We don't have to run back and forth the day of the wedding to decorate, it'll be done for us. So nice!

This weekend we're going to look at dresses in Malone. Two of my bridesmaids have said they'd like to come so I'm excited! We may be able to get the dresses out of the way this month too! That'd be really nice. The more the better. Stress gets to me and eventually spills over to my poor Patrick. To be honest I think I've cried almost everyday. The reception was beginning to be a big stress. But now that it's over, everything should be great and fun. Planning should be fun. I want it to be fun and it should be now. I love playing details even though I'm not very good with them!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be ahead of the game! I don't know a lot about wedding planning- but it sounds like you've taken care of all the big issues...you've even found your dress (amazing, by the way)!

    ReplyDelete